Sunday, August 10, 2008

The blackout

Last night, there's a stupid blackout in the whole of S'wak. According to The Borneo Post today, Kuching was at struck 1st at 6 smth & the only places that were not affected by the blackout were the Kuching International Airport & the Sarawak General Hospital as they had their emergency supply. It all happened right after Ashley Ho & I had just finished doing the notes for the Moral presentation for this coming Wednesday in my house at around 6:20p.m. After she went home, the electicity hadn't resumed so my dad decided to bring my family to go out for dinner. At 1st, I thought the blackout only occur in my housing area until I was shocked to see that the whole city was in darkness except for Ting Pek King's house, which has generators to generate electricity. Since the restaurants were dark, my dad drove us for fun to see houses around us for about an hour. After an hour of sitting in my dad's car, we happened to pass by the housing area that has electricity (don't know the name for that road, which is a shortcut to that area that can go to the BDC Everrise), so we all quickly went to Hainan Street Chicken Rice to have our dinner. After ordering our food, the lights went off again & we ended up eating our dinner in darkness but with the help of the candles to light the whole restaurant. We went home after dinner & the electricity still hadn't resumed. My cousins later came to my house to have a lil' chit chat & whereas for me, I talked to Ashley Ho, Shi Yin & Danielle Zoe on my phone. Few minutes passed & finally the electricity was back. I was relieved so I went back to do my homework & watch the Olympics on TV. After an hour, my house was in darkness again & I started sweating my butt off. It was so freaking hot & I felt lyk dying in the desert. AARRGGHH!! I really HATE BLACKOUTS where I can't charge my handphone since it almost ran out of batteries. >.<><"

0 comments: